Thursday, 19th January 2023, from 12:00 to 13:30 h. CET (UTC+1)
Venue: Fundación Botín, c/ Castelló nº 18 C, Madrid
Eleventh edition of the collective report prepared by the Elcano Royal Institute to identify the main perspectives in the current international context and make a prospective analysis on the Spanish external action towards the global, European and regional challenges to be addressed during 2023. The new year will be fundamentally conditioned by Russia’s aggression against Ukraine. Spain will take on the rotating EU presidency during the second semester, a role that comes during a period of war and economic turmoil.
The text is structured around ten sections: influence and image of Spain abroad; Europe; neighbourhood; security; climate and energy; economy and technology; globalisation, development and governance; China-US competition; Latin America; and democracy, rights and citizenship.
- Chaired by: José Juan Ruiz, Chairman, Elcano Royal Institute | @ElcanoJjRuiz
- With the Elcano Royal Institute’s senior Analysts:
- The event will be held in Spanish without simultaneous translation.
- If you are planning to attend in-person, please send RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The event will also be live streamed on the Elcano Royal Institute’s YouTube channel. On-line attendance does not require registration.
- Questions from on-line audience can be sent by email to email@example.com or via Twitter using the event hashtag #PolExt2023.