Monday, 5th June 2023, from 11:00 to 12:00 h. CEST (UTC+2). Venue: Conference Room, Ministerio de Asuntos Económicos y Transformación Digital, Pº de la Castellana 162, Madrid.
The European economy is withstanding the shock of the Russian invasion of Ukraine much better than expected. Moreover, the Union and its member states have put in place effective measures to protect the economy, increase strategic autonomy, and mitigate the impact of inflation on citizens and businesses while ensuring financial stability. However, prices remain high, financing costs are rising and the war in Ukraine continues.
In this context, Nadia Calviño, First Vice President and Minister of Economy and Digitalization of Spain, and Sigrid Kaag, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of the Netherlands, will discuss the challenges facing Europe, with a special focus on the deepening of the Economic and Monetary Union, the challenges for competitiveness, the digital and green transitions and other priorities for the Spanish presidency, which will take place in the second half of 2023.
- Nadia Calviño, First Vice-President of the Government of Spain and Minister for Economy and Digitalization | @NadiaCalvino
- Sigrid Kaag, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of the Netherlands | @SigridKaag
- Moderator: José Juan Ruiz, Chairman, Elcano Royal Institute | @ElcanoJjRuiz
– The event will be held in English without simultaneous translation.
– If you are planning to attend in-person, please send RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The event will also be live streamed on the Elcano Royal Institute’s YouTube channel. On-line attendance does not require registration.
– Questions from on-line audience can be sent by email to email@example.com or via Twitter using the event hashtag.