Thursday, 24th November 2022, from 11:45 to 12:45 h. CET (UTC+1).
Venue: Ministerio de Asuntos Económicos y Transformación Digital, Pº de la Castellana 162, Madrid.
In a context of conflict on European soil, acceleration of energy prices and high uncertainty, the First Vice President of the Government of Spain, Nadia Calviño, will hold a conversation with the European Commissioner for Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union, Mairead McGuinness, on the challenges for financial stability in Europe, moderated by José Juan Ruiz, Chairman of the Elcano Royal Institute.
They will address the war in Ukraine, its financial implications and impact on the energy sector; the digitalisation regarding instant payments, open finance, digital euro and crypto-assets; and the European Capital Markets Union.
- Nadia Calviño, First Vice-President of the Government of Spain and Minister for Economy and Digitalization | @NadiaCalvino
- Mairead McGuinness, Commissioner for Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union, European Commission | @McGuinnessEU
- Moderator: José Juan Ruiz, Chairman, Elcano Royal Institute | @ElcanoJjRuiz
- The event will be held in English without simultaneous translation.
- In-person attendance requires confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ID card or passport number.
- The conversation will also be livestreamed on the Elcano Royal Institute’s YouTube channel. Online attendance does not require registration.
- Questions from audience can be sent by email to email@example.com or in Twitter using the hashtag #FinancialStabilityEU.