Wednesday, 30th November 2022, from 18:00 to 21:00 h.
Venue: Swedish Permanent Representation, Square de Meeus 30, 1000 Brussels (Belgium).
Thursday, 1st December 2022, from 9:00 to 17:00 h.
Venue: Thon Hotel EU, Rue de la Loi 75, 1000 Brussels (Belgium) and online via Webex.
A two-day hybrid event to reflect on how to strengthen the Europe-Africa partnership in times of multiple crises, with the support of UNDP Regional Bureau for Africa and in cooperation with the Swedish Permanent Representation to the EU.
The European Think Tanks Group (ETTG) with the support of the Regional Bureau Africa (RBA) of UNDP is undertaking practical analysis on the combined impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine on Africa and on the African Union – European Union partnership.
This analysis will serve as an input in an event organised in Brussels on 30 November and on 1 December 2022. Participants will include, amongst others, key European and African policy makers, UN agencies and a range of civil society organisations such as leading think tanks and knowledge centres from both Africa and Europe.
- On 30 November the discussions will be opened with an evening high level panel with African and European policy makers followed by a reception. The event will be streamed.
- On 1 December 1 will take place a full day hybrid event with more in-depth expert discussions aimed to address the implications of the COVID-19 crisis and the war in Ukraine for Africa and Africa-Europe relations and possible ways to deal with these in four different thematic areas:
- Africa and Europe in the aftermath of COP27: How to deliver results in times of crisis?
- Growing food insecurity in Africa: How to avoid a new food crisis? Moderated by Ainhoa Marín, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute.
- Rising authoritarian rule and conflicts: How to turn the tide?
- Financing sustainability: How to mobilise more and better development finance in times of scarcity? Moderated by Iliana Olivié, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute
Check out the agenda on the ETTG’s website.