- Project name: ReConnect China.
- Title: ReConnect China: Upgrading independent Knowledge on Contemporary China in Europe.
- Agreement number: HORIZON-CL2-2021-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-07.
- Duration: November 2022 – October 2026.
ReConnect China aims to generate a deeper, sustainable understanding of contemporary China and to build a resilient future with China for the EU and its citizens, leading scientific European expertise and innovative digital technologies are mobilized.
Coordinated by Ghent University, Belgium, aims to answer the question in which domains collaboration of the EU with China is desirable, possible or impossible. As such, this project aligns with the document EU-China – A strategic outlook (Joint Communication to the European Parliament, the European Council and the Council, Strassbourg, 2019).
The question in which domains EU collaboration with China is desirable, possible, or impossible starts from the acknowledgment that in the modern geopolitical and geo-economic world, the EU and China stand in a perpetual dynamic relationship with each other.
This project therefore identifies the following key fields on which the EU should upgrade its independent knowledge: Science & Technology, Economy & Trade, Domestic Governance, and Foreign Policy. To carry out this project, a database which will provide access to new sources of information will be developed. The independent knowledge that will be generated in this project will bring together stakeholders and experts in a Europe-China Knowledge Forum. The project also envisages to enhance awareness in China among the general public and youth.
Further information on the ReConnect China project website.
To generate a deeper, sustainable understanding of contemporary China and to build a resilient future with China for the EU and its citizens, leading scientific European expertise and innovative digital technologies are mobilized. The ReConnect China project brings together the following 15 partners:
- CCCM – Centro Cultural y Científico de Macau (Portugal).
- Clingendael (Netherlands).
- Egmont (Belgium).
- Ideella Foreningar Utrikespolitiska Institutet (Sweden).
- Innovasjon Norge (Norway).
- Institut Français des Relations Internationales (France).
- Istituto Affari Internazionali (Italy).
- The Elcano Royal Institute (Spain).
- Universiteit Gent (Belgium).
- Universiteit Groningen (Netherlands).
- Universidad de Tartu (Estonia).
- Universidad de Turku (Finland).
- Universität Wien (Austria).
- Univerzita Palackeho v Olomouci (Czech Republic).
- Zentrum für Soziale Innovation GMBH (Austria).