The aim of the seventh edition survey is to give a full comparative picture of debates on European issues –such as the integration process and current developments in European politics- in the member states of the EU and two candidates (Croatia and Turkey). This project is coordinated by Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP) and Institutes from all 27 EU member states –including the Elcano Royal Institute– as well as Croatia and Turkey. This survey was conducted on the basis of a questionnaire that has been elaborated in May 2008 by all participating institutes. Most of the 29 reports were delivered in July 2008. The topics discussed were:
- The EU after the Irish referendum
- French Presidency and the future of the EU
- Public opinion and European integration
- Political leadership in the EU
- Concentric circles around the EU?
- The first ten years of the Euro
- Other current issues of high salience in the member states