Thursday, 26th October 2023, from 12:00 to 13:40 h. CEST (UTC+2). Venue: Fundación Carlos de Amberes (Calle Claudio Coello nº 99, Madrid)
European Union membership is a core element of the project of Spain as a country. For the past forty year, the EU has influenced the development of the democracy, the institutional functioning and the content of all public policies. Furthermore, the integration process has also benefited from the contributions of a reliable and a pro-European partner. The policy paper ‘Spain’s European policy: elaboration and priorities’, by the Elcano Royal Institute, analyses both Spanish preferences in the EU and its formation process.
Hashtags: #PolEuropea_España #HablamosDeEuropa
Spain’s priorities in the European Union
- Joaquín Almunia, former European Commissioner (2004-2014)
- Ramón de Miguel, ambassador of Spain
- Claudi Pérez, Deputy Director, El País | @claudiperez
- Raquel García, Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute, and co-ordinator of the Policy Paper | @RaquelGarciaLl2
Elaboration of Spain’s European policy
- Belén Becerril, Senior Lecturer in European Union Law , Universidad CEU San Pablo | @Belen_Becerril
- Javier Elorza, former Ambassador Permanent Representative of Spain to the European Union (1995-2000)
- Carmen Sánchez-Abarca, Legal advisor of the Cortes Generales to the European Union
- Ignacio Molina, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute, and co-ordinator of the Policy Paper| @_ignaciomolina
- Moderator: Charles Powell, Director, Elcano Royal Institute | @CharlesTPowell
– The event will be held in Spanish without simultaneous translation.
– If you are planning to attend in-person, please send RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The event will also be live streamed on the Elcano Royal Institute’s YouTube channel. On-line attendance does not require registration.