Venue: Instituto Internacional (c/ Miguel Ángel nº 8, Madrid).
On Tuesday, November 8, with the holding of the midterm elections in the U.S., we will witness the first major referendum on the Biden administration era. But former President Trump may also be a factor, and the election will be a test of his strength among Republicans. American voters share concerns about the evolving economy, to which Republicans add concerns about public security and immigration, while Democrats are focused on reproductive rights and threats to democracy. On foreign policy, there seems to take a break from polarization, with both parties expressing support for a strong U.S. presence in the world.
- Daniel Blanch, International Studies Program Coordinator, Saint Louis University Madrid | @DanielBlanch7
- Sebastián Royo, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Clark University; Senior Research Fellow, Elcano Royal Institute
- Carlota García Encina, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute | @EncinaCharlie
- Moderator: Charles Powell, Director, Elcano Royal Institute| @CharlesTPowell
- The event will be held in Spanish without simultaneous translation
- If you are planning to attend in-person, please send RSVP to email@example.com
- The event will also be live streamed on the Elcano Royal Institute’s YouTube channel. On-line attendance does not require registration
- Questions from on-line audience can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter using the event hashtag