Wednesday, 21st June 2023 , from 12:00 to 13:30 h. CEST (UTC+2). Venue: Espacio Bertelsmann, c/ O’Donnell 10, Madrid
With the aim of connecting the Madrid and Vilnius Summits and while looking to provide an assessment of the current geopolitical dynamics and the implementation of the Strategic Concept in its first year, the Elcano Royal Institute with the sponsorship of NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division are hosting this public event.
In June 2022 Madrid hosted one of the most notorious summits in NATO’s history. The Madrid Summit not only provided a context for the adoption of a new Strategic Concept, but it exemplified Allies’ commitment when war has returned to the European continent. One year later, Europe continues to find itself in a changing and increasingly volatile geostrategic context, with Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine still ongoing.
Streaming with English interpretation
- José Juan Ruiz, Chairman, Elcano Royal Institute | @ElcanoJjRuiz
- Ángeles Moreno, State Secretary for Foreign and Global Affairs, Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation | @AMorenoBau
- Javier Colomina, Deputy Assistant Secretary General for Political Affairs and Security Policy, NATO | @JavierColominaP
- Deividas Matulionis, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Lithuania to NATO | @DMatulionis
- Rachel Ellehuus, Secretary of Defense Representative in Europe (SECDEFREPEUR) and Defense Advisor (DEFAD), U.S. Mission to NATO | @USNATODefense
- Giedrimas Jeglinskas, Associate Expert, Eastern Europe Studies Centre (EESC), former NATO Assistant Secretary General | @Giedrimasj
- Max Bergmann, director of the Europe, Russia, and Eurasia Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) | @maxbergmann
- Sarah Kirchberger, Head of the Center for Asia-Pacific Strategy & Security, Institute for Security Policy, Kiel University (ISPK) | @ISPK_org
- Luis Simón, Director of the Brussels Office and Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute | @LuisSimn
– Simultaneous translation English/Spanish will be available.
– If you are planning to attend in-person, please send RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The event will also be live streamed on this website. On-line attendance does not require registration.
– Questions from on-line audience can be sent by email to email@example.com or via Twitter using the event hashtag #NATOafterMadrid.