The Manuel Giménez Abad Foundation and the Elcano Royal Institute organised their annual joint conference. It will be held online on the afternoon of Wednesday 16 March to discuss the relationship between the European Union and its neighbours. This event was already scheduled months ago, but its relevance has increased because of the war in Ukraine. Speakers analysed: (1) the rivalry between Russia and the EU in the Eastern Neighbourhood; (2) the transformation of the European Neighbourhood Policy after the war in Ukraine; and (3) the EU and North Africa.
- José Tudela Aranda, General Secretary, Fundación Manuel Giménez Abad | @Fundacion_MGA
- Charles Powell, Director, Elcano Royal Institute | @CharlesTPowell
- Mira Milosevich, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute | @MiraMilosevich1
- Ignacio Molina, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute | @_ignaciomolina
- Beatriz Tomé Alonso, Political Science Professor, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) | @btomealonso
Image: EU flag in the Guinness Book of Records (2009). Photo: ©European Parliament / Pietro Naj-Oleari (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0).