The arrival in the EU of more than 4 million Ukrainian refugees poses management, funding and integration challenges, but enjoys unprecedented political support. The EU has activated the Temporary Protection Directive and European states and citizens have reacted quickly to welcome those fleeing the war. In the medium and long term, challenges and uncertainties arise, including how this crisis will affect the reform of the asylum system in the European Union.
- Amapola Blasco, Director General for the Management of the System for the Reception of International and Temporary Protection, Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migrations | @SEstadoMigr
- Esther Pozo, Chief of the Migration & Asylum Unit, DG Home and Migration, European Commission.
- Sophie Muller, representante de ACNUR en España | @SophiMuller
- Carmen González Enríquez, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute | @cgzalez_elcano
Moderator: Charles Powell, Director, Elcano Royal Institute | @CharlesTPowell
Venue: Fundación Botín, c/ Castelló nº 18 C, Madrid. The event will also be live-streamed on our YouTube channel.
- The event will be held in Spanish without simultaneous translation.
- No registration is required.
- If you wish to attend in person, please RSVP to email@example.com
- Questions from audience can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in Twitter using the hashtag: #RefugiadosUcraniaUE.