The Roundtable in hybrid format will be held during the NATO Summit in Madrid. It aims to analyse the challenges and opportunities for the Women, Peace and Security Agenda in the current security environment, including, but not limited to, the context of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The meeting will address a variety of issues relevant to the agenda, such as women’s participation in all aspects of conflict resolution, violence against women in conflict, including online gender disinformation and sexual exploitation, protection through prevention, and national/regional frameworks for working towards an equitable and feminist peace
Opening: Angeles Moreno Bau, Secretary of State for Foreign and Global Affairs.
- Irene Fellin, Secretary General’s Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security, NATO | @irenefellin
- Alicia Cebada, Professor at the University Carlos III of Madrid and Director of the MPS Program of the Women for Africa Foundation (Spain).
- Elisa Tarnaala, Advisor and expert on Women and Peace Processes at the Crisis Management Initiative (Finland).
- Fawzia Koffi, Vice President of the Afghan National Assembly from 2005 to 2014 and winner of the CASA Asia ‘Diversity and Sustainable Development Award’ 2021 (Afghanistan) | @Fawziakoofi77
- Charlotte Isaksson, Senior Gender Advisor and expert on gender and UNSCR 1325 to the European External Action Service (Sweden).
- Olena Suslova, Founder of the Ukrainian Women’s Information Consultative Center.
Moderator: María Solanas, Director of Programmes, Elcano Royal Institute | @Maria_SolanasC
Monday, 27 June 2022, from 15:00 to 17:00h. (CEST). Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, Plaza del Marqués de Salamanca, 8. Madrid.